If you would like to access support from UCLan, please complete the University's online referral form which can be found here. Alternatively, you can contact the Student Support & Wellbeing team on 01772 893020.
Please be aware that their telephone, voicemail and email are monitored from 9am - 9pm Monday to Friday and from 10am - 6pm on Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays, and they will respond to any emails and messages as soon as possible.
If you have a query about Coronavirus, email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have an emergency that requires immediate assistance from UCLan, please contact UCLan Security on 01772 892068, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and they will contact our out of hours Advisors or On Call Manager.
Please remember to look after both your physical and mental health. Even if we must be physically distant, it’s important to remain socially connected.
You may find some of the sources of support below helpful whilst you await our reply.
PLEASE NOTE THAT EXTERNAL SERVICES MAY CHANGE THE WAY THEY OPERATE AT THIS TIME. PLEASE CHECK INDIVIDUAL WEBSITES FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
External Support (Non-UCLan)
- The Haven offers a calm environment for anyone seeking emotional support and advice. Call 0300 008 3672 or email email@example.com
- We Are With You Lancashire offering confidential advice support to anyone under 25 struggling with their drug and alcohol use. Call for free on 0808 164 0074. Webchat service available 9am-9pm weekdays and 9am-4pm weekends - www.wearewithyou.org.uk/
- Food Bank Salvation Army, Harrington Street, Preston PR1 7BN, Tel: Dr Alex Cadogan 01772 555425
- Preston Crisis Home Treatment Team on 01772 773433
- Mental Health Helpline on 0800 9154640 Mon - Friday 7pm-11pm, Sat-Sun 12-12 (The Helpline is a listening, information and emotional support service for those concerned about their own mental health, or that of someone they know.)
- NHS Non-Emergency Direct Line on 111
- The Samaritans on 116123 (No dial code required) or TEXT: 07725909090. Free 24-hour 7 days a week support.
- PAPYRUS HOPELine UK on 0800 068 41 41, TEXT: 07786 209697, email firstname.lastname@example.org (HOPELineUK is a specialist telephone service staffed by trained professionals who give non-judgmental support, practical advice and information to Children, teenagers and young people up to the age of 35 who are worried about how they are feeling and to anyone who is concerned about a young person)
- Preston Domestic Violence Service on 01772 201601 (24hrs service), Email email@example.com, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
- National Domestic Abuse Helpline 0808 2000 247 (free 24-hour 7 days a week)
- Women’s Aid A national charity offering support for victims and survivors of domestic abuse
- Lancashire Victim Services A victim support service offering support to victims of crimes, regardless of a police report being made. Please see below for more information on specific information on:
- Safenet Domestic abuse support service - 0300 303 3581 or Lancashirerefuges@safenet.org.uk (free 24-hour 7 days a week)
- SANEline Emotional support, information and guidance for people affected by mental illness, their families and carers. 0300 304 7000 (daily, 4.30pm to 10.30pm)
- No Panic on 0844967 4848 10am-10pm Everyday (help line is answered by trained volunteers to give out information, show empathy and support for people who suffer from Panic Attacks, Phobias, Obsessive Compulsive Disorders and other related anxiety disorders.
- SAFE Centre 01772 523344 (24hr service) The SAFE Centre offers medical examination, advice and support to women, men and children who have experienced sexual assault or rape.
- The Wellbeing & Mental Health Texting Service Text Hello to 07860 022846 (Mon - Fri 7pm - 11pm, Sat - Sun 12pm - 12 am) Providing emotional support to those who may prefer to communicate via text.
External Web Resources