The University have teamed up with Blackbullion who can help you create a budget and grow your financial skills. We’ve put some of our top tips below, but check out Blackbullion for more information and tips.
1. Set a budget and stick to it!
2. Put money for essentials aside (rent, bills, food etc.) before spending on other items
3. Are you a commuting student? Get discounts on travel from the 16-25 railcard to the Unirider (Stagecoach) , Student ticket(Preston Bus) or an unlimited travel ticket (Fishwicks) .
4 The Bus Fare Cap Grant scheme is a Government funded scheme being introduced on most services from 1st January 2023 until 31st March 2023. Buy your single ticket on the bus using cash, contactless, Apple/Google Pay and the journey will be capped at £2. It really is that simple!.
5. Take advantage of student discounts- make sure you sign up for TOTUM to get exclusive student deals and discounts on local and national brands. You can buy a TOTUM card for the full offers, or just take advantage of the free TOTUM Digital app.
6. Get the best deal on your utilities: check the Money Saving Expert website which includes pages on Gas and Electricity, Mobiles and Broadband.