We're working hard to respond to the COVID-19 impact on students.
It's now our number one priority and we're utilising the full resources
of the Union to support you, through this.
FOR YOU EACH DAY
The Union Officers and our staff team are changing the way we work to ensure we're constantly disscussing and sharing student issues that need action.
Our working weeks looks a little like this:
Daily: Each morning we have a ’Student Voice Call’ with Full-Time Elected Officers, Communications Team, Representation Team and the CEO. The call discusses immediate student issues that have arisen over the last 24 hours and how action will be delivered and communicated to students.
Daily: Later in the morning, there is a specific call with the Representation and Campaign team and Elected Officers to go into more detail on actions and to cover additional concerns relating to student groups and schools.
Twice weekly: Senior Managers speak about all areas of the Union, staffing issues and overall operational activity resulting from Coronavirus announcements from the Government.
Twice weekly: The Communications Team have a separate Coronavirus call to ensure all digital channels are providing updated and useful information to students. The number and length of calls will fluctuate over the course of the following weeks.
LISTENING TO YOUR WORRIES
-Every Wednesday between 2pm-3pm, your Elected Officers are live on Microsoft Teams to chat and hear about how you’re finding things. Simply download the Microsoft Teams App and add in the group code: H8jowj7.
- Follow our social media accounts to post any actions and we'll get back to you. 'Alternately' email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHAMPIONING YOUR CONCERNS
- Elected Officers have regular calls with the Vice Chancellors Group (VCG) to raise your issues. Whatever the discussion, we’re always putting students first.
- Working closely with the VCG has ensured blanket extensions, additional hardship funds and waiving of final UCLan Student Accommodation fees for the final semester already.
- There’s much more to be done and we will continue to work closely with the University.
SHARING POSITIVE STORIES
- Follow our social media links as we share photos from students coping with self-isolation. We can make your pet famous and provide you with the platform to show-off your wallpaper.
- Many of our medical practice students are on the front-line supporting our NHS through these challenging times and we want to shout about these. Please tell us your stories! DM us on social media or email email@example.com.
HELPING YOU TO SMILE
- Join your Vice President Media, Dan for live streaming of retro computer games. Simply follow Dan’s Facebook Page for information:
- Stay active with Sophie, the Union’s Vice President Activities. Sophie will provide tips on how you can stay active from her social media account:
- Follow our social media links for more reasons to smile