Are you passionate about the environment and have an interest in Green issues?
Are you passionate about the environment and have an interest in Green issues? Do you want to see changes to your local area for the benefit of all people, flora and fauna? Then you may be what we’re looking for…
UCLan SU is developing a number of environmental and green projects over the course of 2012 including community clean-ups and a food co-op scheme. We require an individual with the right personal attributes to develop the projects, work with stakeholders, support and encourage a wide number of student volunteers, training and developing them to undertake their roles, so that we can embed a strong culture of environmental and community volunteering here at UCLan SU.
• Promote, recruit, select, induct and train suitable volunteers
• Prepare and provide relevant guidance information for volunteers
• Plan, organise and monitor volunteering activities
• Plan, manage and evaluate projects
• Lead and motivate volunteers
• Support the development of volunteers’ knowledge, skills and competence
• Provide one-to-one support to help volunteers develop
• Enable volunteers to learn in groups, evaluate their experiences and provide opportunities to develop
• Manage volunteers’ expenses
• Maintain records of volunteers in line with data protection and organisational policy
• Help address problems affecting volunteers
• Undertake appropriate risk assessment checks, implement controls and inform volunteers how to go about their roles safely
• Liaise with key stakeholders on projects including staff, volunteers, beneficiaries and partner organisations
• Identify and obtain resources required to undertake volunteer projects
• Attend and facilitate volunteer meetings, Chairing or acting as secretary if necessary
• Organise events to promote and recognise volunteers’ achievements and contributions
The successful candidate will need to be able to commit to working a minimum of two shifts a week between the Opportunities Centre’s opening hours of 9am – 9pm. Full training and induction will be provided. Interviews will be held w/c 12th October.
For more information about the role please click here.