Are you the next Community Hall Rep?
This is a brand new initiative created by the Students’ Union in partnership with UCLan’s Accommodation Service to increase participation and involvement within Halls.
Community Hall Reps are representatives for exactly that, your Halls! They set up social events, as well as acting as the key student point of contact within their Halls for the Campaigns Officer and Student Accommodation Services. We will help you set up regular events with at least one a semester. This could include inter-Halls competitions, socials etc.
You will be the first point of call for Students within the Halls you represent. This will mean that feedback will count more than ever and you could be the person to create change that will be in effect for many years to come. The power will be in hands of the Students, and you’ll be leading the charge.
• Communicate between students and the SU/University
• Create social opportunities within your Halls
• Liaise with other Halls Reps to share ideas
• Collect feedback and ideas from students in Halls
• Meet regularly with the Students’ Union and University
• Help develop the Halls Rep system to aid its development via feedback and ideas
To be a Halls Rep, you must be:
• Hard Working
• A Team Player
• And, most importantly, live in UCLan-owned Halls!
What You Get Out Of It
Being a Halls Rep is very rewarding and you will receive tailored training and support that will help you succeed in your role. Being a Community Hall Rep is largely a new concept in Universities, and will act as a noteworthy talking point on any future applications for employment. By taking on this role you will:
• Create change
• Meet new friends
• Enhance your CV/employable skills
• Money to spend on events in your Halls
• Become more independent and build your confidence
• A SU Gold Card offering discount throughout the SU
So if you think you have what it takes, drop Lee an email on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to get involved!