‘The Big Vote’
‘The Big Vote’ is an opportunity for students to decide on a priority for the year, the Student Affairs Committee will then lead a campaign on. There are six different ideas to choose from.
How do I get involved?
To get involved all you need to do is pick up a green token, look at the different ideas and then go to the ‘The Big Vote’ voting pods.
Where are ‘The Big Vote’ tokens and voting pods?
You can pick up a token from the Students’ Union Opportunities Centre from 12-14 September 9am-4pm. There will also be ‘The Big Vote’ volunteers roaming around the Freshers’ Queue handing out tokens and cards telling you a bit more about the ideas.
You can then put the token in the voting pods in the Atrium on Wednesday 12 September and 53 Degrees on Thursday and Friday 13th and 14th September.
What are the six ideas?
The six ideas are:
1. Redevelopment of the multi-faith centre
2. Provide sexual health testing facilities on campus
3. Lobby the University to bring back the Gilberston Scholarship award
4. Work alongside partnership colleges and campaign against the funding cuts of transport the University provide
5. Work alongside the LGBT society to provide a World Aids Day event
6. Work in partnership with the University and students to create a sustainable Green Campaign
When does ‘The Big Vote’ start and end?
‘The Big Vote’ starts on Wednesday 12 September at Jobs Fair in the Atrium at 10am.
‘The Big Vote’ finishes at 16.00 at the Clubs and Societies Fair.
I have an idea for ‘The Big Vote.’ Is it too late?
For this ‘The Big Vote’ unfortunately yes. However, you can submit ideas to the Campaigns Officer Lee Mac at email@example.com for ‘The Big Vote 2’ which will take place next term or if you don’t want to wait till then go to Zones where you can submit your idea to a Zone meeting or submit it to Council.