Annual Members Meeting
There are so many ways that you can get active in your union but now is the big chance to have your say on what we do for the next year.
You may have played for one of our teams, come to one of our society meetings. Maybe you’ve bought a hoody from Factory or a Panini from The Atrium. Watched the rugby in Source or Marina in 53! Hopefully you’ve agreed to be a Course Rep too.
The Annual Members’ Meeting, being held on Thursday, 8th November at 3 pm, is your chance to submit items for discussion and find out how we spend our money and decide what we do for the next 12 months. 53 Degrees is the place to be if you feel passionately about whether you get value for money from the University as some of us pay £9000 fees.
The University have agreed with us that students will not be penalised if you miss your class in order to attend the AMM.
If you are unable to attend but would like to be informed of how to ask a question or cast a vote in your absence then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Business and Resolutions from Members are as follows:
• Buying water can be expensive for students
• UCLan food outlets considered expensive
• Recruitment of the new Vice Chancellor
• Multi-Faith Centre
• Andy MacDonald’s leaflet “The Official Student Guide to Freshers”
• Lectures can be hard for students to access
• Smoking areas currently unroofed and undesirable
• SU building to be more informal and a place for students to socialise & gather, ie., more pool tables, games machines, etc
• Transport to harder to reach areas like UCLan Sports Arena
MINUTES OF PREVIOUS AMM's (formerly known as the AGM- Annual General Meeting)